What effect does thermal water have on the skin of the face? What is it used for in cosmetics? Does it make any sense to use it, or can you do it with regular purified water? Let’s get to the bottom of this.
WHAT IS THERMAL WATER?
Thermal water is called water derived from hot underground sources of deep-lying. And the farther from the Earth’s surface is the source, the more salts, minerals, and other useful trace elements collect water, making their way to the surface.
One of the most saturated and rich in the composition is thermal water of volcanic origin. It is formed at a depth of up to 4000 meters and on its way to the top passes layers of ancient magma, saturated with truly unique trace elements.
TYPES OF HEATWAVE
In cosmetology, three types of thermal water are usually secreted, distinguishing them by the level of mineralization:
- Low-mineralized (hypotonic) – contains a relatively small amount of salts and minerals, suitable even for sensitive and prone to imperfections skin.
- Neutral (isotonic) – close in mineralization to the natural level of salts and minerals in the face’s skin cells. Suitable for most skin types.
- Highly mineralized (hypertensive) – contains an increased concentration of minerals, helps restore and strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, and gives it a tone and matte tint.
THE COMPOSITION OF THERMAL WATER
It is most convenient to disassemble it on the example of Vichy thermal water, which has a rich composition and, in particular, contains 15 of the most important and valuable minerals for the skin:
|Hydrogen carbonate ions (HCO3-)||4776,3||Maintain clean skin|
|Boron (B)||2,19||Promotes skin healing|
|Calcium (Ca)||150,60||Protects the skin|
|Iron (Fe)||1,000||It helps fill cells with oxygen|
|Fluorine (F)||8,80||It has an antioxidant effect|
|Lithium (Li)||4,99||Reduces skin inflammation|
|Magnesium (Mg)||12,30||Improves skin cell regeneration|
|Manganese (Mn)||0,172||Protects skin cells|
|Potassium (K)||99,60||Moisturizes the skin|
|Silicon (Si)||47,00||It helps to regenerate the skin|
|Sodium (Na)||860,00||Promotes skin cleansing|
|Strontium (Sr)||1,715||Participates in skin protection along with calcium|
It is important to note that the total mineral content in VICHY thermal water is 5.2 g/l, the highest rate among the main sources in France.
HISTORY OF VICHY THERMAL WATER
The history of VICHY thermal water is a great example that beauty care and health care are inseparable from each other. After all, it was Dr. Prosper Aller who once advised the perfume company, Georges Guerin, to treat unhealed inflammation with thermal water from the source Lucas, located in the city of Vichy.
Mr. Guerena was so impressed with the result of the water activities that he founded the Society of Dermatological Hygiene VICHY, developed an innovative approach to the creation of cosmetics depending on the type of skin, and launched the first line of VICHY products based on the miraculous water from the source Lucas.
To this day, all VICHY products (except powder and shampoo due to the technical features of production) are made based on volcanic thermal water VICHY – useful, saturated with trace elements, and extracted under strict quality and safety control.
WHAT DOES THERMAL WATER DO FOR THE SKIN OF THE FACE?
In fact, thermal water is practically the “living water” of fairy tales, which was enough to plunge to come out written beauty or full of strength hero. Good thermal water performs several functions at once:
- It saturates the skin with useful salts, minerals, and other trace elements, helping maintain its freshness and tone.
- Restores the protective barrier, maintains a water-lipid balance, and, in the case of VICHY thermal water, even the required pH level.
- It soothes the skin, helps relieve irritation, redness, the effects of intense tanning, or active cosmetic procedures.
- Refreshing maintains a feeling of hydration.
WHAT EFFECT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THERMAL WATER?
With constant use of well-chosen heat water, the results will quickly become visible visually. Positive reviews on thermal water often note a pleasant matte skin tone, a feeling of constant hydration (especially noticeable to owners of dry skin), a reduction in the number of irritations and inflammations, rapid recovery after aggressive exposure to the external environment, or intensive cosmetic interventions.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST THERMAL WATER?
When choosing, it is important to consider not only your skin type but also those tasks that you want to solve with a thermometer. After all, it is one thing to buy thermal water in a spray to refresh drying skin during a flight on a plane… And quite another: to decide systemic skincare and perhaps even select cosmetics based on thermal water.
For the latter purpose, the mineralizing thermal water VICHY of volcanic origin is just perfect. It not only contains 15 important salts and minerals for the skin but also has a specially selected indicator of pH acidity of 6.8. It helps to restore the skin’s natural pH – even after the aggressive effects of the external environment or cosmetic procedures.
VICHY Volcanic Thermal Water is part of almost all of the brand’s products. Therefore, all its useful properties are available not only in the usual format of a separate spray but also as part of a well-thought-out skincare system.
HOW TO USE THERMAL WATER FOR THE FACE?
The rules for the use of thermal water are straightforward and depend on what goals you want to achieve at the moment:
- Cleansing, toning, restoration: in the morning and the evening, spray water on the cleansed skin of the face and immediately (this is important) apply the usual cream with light breaking movements to “seal” them rich in useful elements of moisture.
- Fixing make-up, refreshing, and moisturizing the face during the day: gently spray water from a distance of about 30 cm, trying not to hold your hand in one place.
- Auxiliary use: VICHY thermal water, undergoing multi-stage safety checks and control, can handle minor skin injuries, minor cuts, and irritation after shaving or sun-affected areas.
Of course, unlike the fabulous “living” water, the thermal eternal youth, most likely, will not give … However, it can be a great help in maintaining the beauty, hydration, and protective functions of the skin!